Realtek is a computer hardware manufacturer based in Taiwan that produces a range of products such as Ethernet cards and audio drivers for certain sound cards. Sound cards require driver software to function properly. If your computer is not playing sound properly, you may have to install new sound drivers; upgrading your sound drivers may also improve sound quality and options.
If your computer is losing sound or network connection and the Ethernet cards / audio card are exactly produced by Realtek, then you really have to download and install the right drivers to get your PC's sound back.
For Desktop computer:
1. Turn your desktop computer around so the back of the device is facing you.
2. Use a flashlight to shine on the back of your desktop computer's case.
3. Look for a sticker containing the wording "Model Number" or "Part Number." The number or alphanumeric string of characters next to the wording is your computer's model number. You may also see "Serial Number" or "S/N," which is your computer's serial number.
4. Write down your desktop computer's model number on a piece of paper.
1. Lay your laptop computer upside down on a flat surface--a desk, countertop or workbench--if you don't see a sticker on the back of your computer.
2. Look for a sticker on the desktop's underside containing the wording "Model Number" or "Part Number." The number or alphanumeric string of characters next to the wording is your computer's model number.
3. Write down your desktop computer's model number on a piece of paper.
4. Look on the front of your desktop or laptop computer for a numeric or alphanumeric code, if you don't see a sticker on the back or bottom of your computer.
1. Log on to http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/Default.aspx?Langid=1.
2. Enter your product's name or number in the Search Box in the left corner of the screen, and then click the Go button.
3. Select the Operating system of your Sony device from the drop-down list, and then press the Next button.
4. All the drivers right for your device will be displayed in order.
5. Find the driver that you need and click the Download button.
6. Save the driver file (.exe) in a suitable place, such as Desktop.
7. Double-click the driver file that you downloaded just now and follow the instructions. You may need to reboot your device after the installation.
Get Automatic Driver Updates
Do all the things above to update Realtek audio drivers for your PC can be really tedious. So what if there's a program performing perfectly as an automatic driver update tool? Well, DriverTuner is exactly designed for helping people do these drivers update thing.With DriverTuner, all the updating process can be handled in a quick, easy and efficient way. It can precisely detect your PC brand and model, the operating system in use, and all the hardware devices connected to the computer. With its extensive database which consists of the latest and most updated drivers available, you can easily get the proper drivers you need.